Hillsides Residential Treatment Services provide a safe and stable environment in a short-term residential therapeutic program for children and youth who cannot live at home, who suffered trauma and who have severe emotional, psychological and behavioral challenges requiring specialized care and treatment. Our dynamic team of experts help vulnerable youngsters restore hope, rediscover the joy of childhood, and achieve a happier, more secure future. Our main campus, located on 17 acres of beautiful park-like grounds, includes five cottages, an arts and recreation center, a children's resource center, nursing offices for children and families, a playground, swimming pool, and a library. Older youth develop independent living skills, job training and community experiences. Children and youth in our residential program also benefit from "wraparound" services that give them yet another layer of therapeutic support. With input from children and families, we partner with other agencies and resources to provide the highest quality continuum of care and ensure that each child and family reach their full potential.
We also offer a full continuum of mental health treatment services for commercially-insured children and families through our HillsidesCares program. We provide the exact level of treatment for each youth based on their individual needs:
- Residential program – This program provides round-the-clock care in a residential setting. Our beautiful campus and modern facilities allow our clients to thrive in a supportive environment. The residential program will combine individual, group, and family therapy sessions Monday-Friday during the day and structured rotating activity time in the evenings. Weekends will consist of daily living skills activities, social skill building, enrichment activities (such as art or music programs), sleep hygiene, and other therapeutic options.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Although this program is similar to our residential program, a partial hospitalization program doesn’t require that clients stay on campus overnight. In a PHP at HillsidesCares, clients attend therapy sessions and activities during the day and then return home in the evening. The PHP operates Monday to Friday for approximately 5 hours per day. They include meals, group therapy sessions, therapeutic art classes, mindfulness instruction, distress tolerance lessons, and medical check-ins.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – This level of care is the most flexible. Clients in an intensive outpatient program work on recovery skills while spending more time at home than in a PHP program. IOP sessions run 3 hours a day and 3 days a week.
To learn more about our HillsidesCares program please visit our website at www.HillsidesCares.org
What we believe
- Children belong at home in their community.
- Families are experts on themselves and their children.
- Family culture is acknowledged and honored.
- Planning and treatment are individualized and strength-based.
- Family involvement and connections are essential.
- Strong communities make strong families.
- Services are adaptable and accessible 24 hours a day.
940 Avenue 64
Pasadena, CA 91105-2711